Would you try these? Delicious buttery and fun Halloween Fingers. These are witch fingers or can even be called “Frankenstein “fingers too. They can be made without the almond if anyone is allergic to nuts which I will specify in the ingredients below. You will need:
Halloween Witch Fingers
- ¾ cup melted or softened butter — cooled down
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 medium egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract is optional
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- almonds or gummies
- 3 tablespoons cherry jam — or any jam
- 8 drops of red food colouring is optional
- any small brush + cocoa powder
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder and set aside. In a separate bowl mix your softened butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, almond extract and stir.
- Now pour it into the dry ingredients and incorporate until you have a nice and soft dough — should feel like play dough. Wrap it up with some cling wrap and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- After 30 minutes, take 1.5-2 tablespoons of your dough, squish it together and roll it into a ball. Roll them all into equal size balls.
- Shape your cookies as per my video.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Bake them for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden. Let them cool.
- Mix your cherry jam in a small bowl with 8 drops of red food colouring and with a small brush add a little under each almond. Decorate as you wish and enjoy