Halloween Mummy Hotdogs. Welcome to episode one of my Halloween food series. I will be sharing cute and fun Halloween food ideas from now until the end of October. These mummy hotdogs are so fun and easy to make. This recipe is absolutely perfect for kids, and adults too. These would also be a really adorable surprise in your kid’s lunches so be sure to show me if you make them. I’ll be honest, I have never been a fan of anything scary or gory, so Halloween has always been my least favourite holiday. In the last few years, I completely fell in love with the cute artistic side of Halloween food, and I just can’t get enough of it now. It has quickly become my favourite time of year as it brings me so much joy to show you tutorials and how to make the cutest Halloween food recipes. I hope you give these a try and please tag anyone who would love these “Mummy Dogs”.
Halloween Mummy Hotdogs
- 16 regular size hot dogs 1 pack and a half
- 1 pack of Pillsbury dough
- ketchup or mustard
- skewer, toothpick, or lollipop stick
- candy eyes got mine at the bulk-barn
- Peel the outside of the dough package and pop it open gently. Place it onto parchment paper and pinch the dough together wherever you see that it’s separated. With a pizza cutter or a knife cut it into thin strips, pizza cutter is the easiest way.
- Take any hotdogs you love and pat them dry with a paper towel. Placed them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and take your dough strips and start wrapping it around a hotdog leaving an indent for the eyes.
- Bake in a preheated 375F degree oven for 13-15 minutes or until golden.
- Let them cool a bit, take your lollipop stick or skewer and dab it into mustard or ketchup and add two dots for the eyes. Gently stick on the candy eyes and enjoy!
Take a look at my other Halloween snack ideas