These are so easy to make and come together within five minutes. Perfect on top of rice, mashed potatoes, salads, or you could also make them into shrimp tacos too. Nothing makes me happier than cooking something easy for the family on a busy day. In the summertime I also try to stay away from the oven so grilling saves the day because it usually takes no time at all. You will need:
Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 20 peeled/deveined tiger shrimp
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 finely diced or minced garlic cloves
- I defrost my shrimp as per the package instructions and discard any water and pat them dry with a paper towel. I add the remainder of my ingredients and massage everything together with my hand.
- Add your shrimp to some wooden skewers and make sure you soak them in water for 15 minutes so that they don’t burn. Heat up a lightly oiled grill pan or throw them on a hot BBQ and make sure they sizzle.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side and don’t overcook them. As soon as they start to change colour and curl up you know you should take them out.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and some lemon slices and enjoy