This Greek salad feta board is inspired by my childhood in Greece and Bulgaria. Have you seen my latest viral butter board and goat cheese board videos? If you haven’t, you are totally missing out. Butter boards and creamy cheese boards are hands down one of the greatest creations I have ever come across. After the butter board went viral on both Instagram and TikTok, I had to make a goat cheese board and now, this incredible Greek salad board on top of whipped feta. I originally came across the viral butter board video on TikTok shared by Justine Snacks and thought it was brilliant. The original concept is by Josh McFadden so please check their pages out as well. A Greek feta salad board is simply a board that you add any whipped or creamy feta cheese on, plus the traditional greek salad ingredients on top. Serve with a loaf of fresh bread and live your best life. My board has the most beautiful ingredients and textures on it, and I know you’ll fall in love. If you have ever had a Greek “Horiatiki” salad or even a Bulgarian “Shopska” salad (which is practically the same thing) you will fall in love with this sharable board version I came up with. Serve it with lots of fresh bread on the side and individual butter knives for all your guests. It is going to be the most incredible show-stopping board at every party, I can guarantee it.
Greek Salad Feta Board
- 1 block (200g) of Greek feta cheese or any creamy cheese you enjoy
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt balances out the salt and makes it creamy
- 2 mini cucumbers chopped small
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ of a sweet green pepper I used a sweet cubanelle pepper
- few thin slices of red onion
- small handful of olives as much as you like
- tiny pinch of salt
- small drizzle of olive oil
- dry oregano or fresh for presentation
- The cheese should be soft so that it’s easy to spread and you can use any new board (or plate) you have at home. This can even be made on a plate as well. used a small wooden board, but you can use any you have on hand. Mine is 9 inches long by 7 inches wide.
- Take the feta cheese and add it to a food processor with any plain yogurt you like and process until smooth. If you need to add a touch more yogurt, you absolutely can. The yogurt will balance out the salt and make it super creamy. I love using a creamy Macedonian-style feta, Bulgarian-style feta or Greek feta of course. A creamier feta will give you a smoother texture.
- In the meantime chop up the veggies. Add the cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, and olives to a bowl. With clean hands (or a spoon) give it a toss. top it on top of the whipped feta, add a pinch of salt and drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with fresh or dry oregano and enjoy with a cut up fresh baguette.
Here are my other butter boards: