15 million+ views on my bread videos on TikTok and Instagram. This bread is crispy on the outside but warm soft and chewy on the inside. This “peasant bread “that my grandma taught me is to die for and it couldn’t be easier. Everyone can make bread with this recipe. If you are capable of adding 4 ingredients to a bowl and stirring it up, you are capable of making bread. It is so easy and delicious. This recipe makes 1 loaf but feel free to double it. You will need
Grandma’s No-Knead Peasant Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour 413 grams whole-wheat works too
- 1 teaspoon salt 5 grams
- ½ teaspoon active dry yeast 3 grams
- 1 ¾ cups warm water 400ml
- Mix all of your ingredients in a really big bowl until you have a very sticky dough. Cover it and let it rise at room temp overnight, place your dough ball somewhere away from drafts that could be in your microwave, in a cupboard, or in your cold oven.
- The following day you can uncover it and flour your counter. Pour your dough out and flour it on top as well.
- You don’t need to KNEAD it you can just move it around until you have a really nice and soft dough that is no longer sticky.
- You can flour your loaf a little bit more if it still sticks to your hands. Place your loaf into ANY oven safe dish lined with parchment paper. Lid on, and place it in your oven that’s not pre-heated.
- Turn on your oven to 450F and bake for 30 minutes, 30 minimum later uncover it and bake for another 25-30 minutes or less.
- Bread is done once it’s nice and light and golden on each side. Let it cool 5-10 minutes and dig in! Enjoy. You can let it cool and cover it or wrap it up and store the bread on the counter. It will always be the best the same day.