I made this today and totally thought it was going to be a fail. I actually wanted to use almond flour but I ran out so I had to improvise and add coconut flour instead which was absolutely delicious. This banana bread is so easy and anyone can enjoy it. If you feel like adding almond flour instead you will have to add more and go based on consistency because coconut flour is very absorbent and we always use a lot less in recipes. For this recipe you will need:
Gluten-free, dairy-free banana bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk — or any
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup avocado oil — or any
- 1/2 cup maple syrup — or any sweetener you like
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 – 1.5 cups coconut flour depending on how big the eggs and bananas are
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. In a bowl mash the bananas and stir in the first 7 ingredients.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda and stir. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and add in the batter.
- It will be really sick so with clean hands or the back of a spoon distribute it evenly.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes depending on the oven or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Mine took 60 minutes. Enjoy,