New and improved easy zucchini bread. If you have been here with me for a while, you would have seen my old recipe for zucchini bread which you love. I know zucchini is growing out of control as it’s zucchini season so I feel like everyone is eating zucchini for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at this point. What better way to enjoy it than to make delicious, warm, and sweet zucchini bread. It’s also a one bowl wonder and so easy to make. This zucchini bread (or cake) is phenomenal with a cup of coffee, or as is. Last time I was in Bulgaria, I made my dad a loaf of zucchini cake and he was in awe. He has never seen or tasted banana or zucchini bread before as we don’t have these types of recipes in Bulgaria, and he absolutely loved it. Canada introduced me to delicious recipes like this one, and I couldn’t be more grateful as it’s one of my favourite ways to use up zucchini.
Easy Zucchini Bread
- 1.5 cups (1 pound) grated zucchini you can use 1 large or 2 smaller zucchini grated on the second largest side
- 1 egg replace with 1/4 cup apple sauce if vegan
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ⅓ cup (80ml) avocado oil any oil works
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk any you like
- 1.25 cups (190g) all-purpose flour 1 cup + 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon (5g) baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F (180C). Leave the skin on your zucchini and grate it.
- Take the grated zucchini in your hands and squeeze out as much water as you can or use a mesh bag. Add the squeezed out zucchini to a bowl with the rest of the wet ingredients and whisk.
- In a seperate bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until fully combined. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter.
- Optionally for presentation I added two very thin strips of zucchini on top but you definitely don’t have to.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350F degree oven until a knife or a toothpick comes out clean. Mine took exactly 50 minutes but please keep an eye on it as it will depend on the oven. Let it cool a bit and enjoy.
Is it 1lb of zucchini that has had the liquid squeezed out? Or 1lb before squeezing out the liquid?
1lb whole zucchini. I weighed my zucchini before it was grated and squeezed out or 1.5 cups grated zucchini before it’s squeezed out again
would almond flour work for this too?
It will but you have to adjust the measurements because almond flour is more absorbent