This rice can be made vegan, vegetarian, or with any type of protein like shrimp, chicken, or tofu. This recipe is healthier and cleaner in ingredients. I drastically reduce the quantity of oil that’s typically used and soy sauce as well but feel free to adjust and add everything according to taste. This recipe makes one really big portion or two smaller ones. You will need:
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry Rice
- 1 tablespoon oil sesame or any
- 1/4 finely diced onion
- 1-2 finely diced garlic cloves
- 1.5 cups brown/white rice cooked the day before
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 egg is optional
- 1/2-1 tablespoon soy sauce up to your liking
- In a pan or a wok, Sauté your onions for a few minutes until translucent on medium-low. Add in your finely diced garlic and don’t let it burn just sauté it for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Push your garlic and onion to the side and quickly scramble one egg. You can now add in your leftover cooked rice and your veggies.
- Your rice must be leftover and cooked at least 1 to 3 days in advanced. Once you stirred in your veggies and cook them for about a minute you can add in your soy sauce of choice which will be to taste, I personally like less. Take it off the heat and garnish with some scallions and enjoy