Food is my love language. Making food that looks pretty but also tastes delicious is what makes me so incredibly happy. This appetizer is perfect for Valentines, Galentines, or any special occasion. Love to me is not only about the love between you and your spouse, it’s also about self-love, love for your siblings, love for your kids, parents, best friends, or anyone in general. These cute and Easy Valentine’s Day Appetizer love sticks are so easy and fun to make. You will need:
Easy Valentine’s Day Appetizer
- cherry tomatoes — I used 22
- 11 mini Bocconcini
- provolone cheese — I used 6 slices
- basil for garnish
- salt to taste
- drizzle of olive oil
- balsamic vinegar — as much as you like I used 1/3 cup
- Start by cutting the cherry tomatoes on an angle. They should be placed on a board length wise. You have to make a diagonal cut so that they can make the perfect heart shape. If you need to test it with a few tomatoes until you get it right please do so. Once you have the cherry tomatoes cut rotate each piece so that it makes a heart.
- Take any small skewers of choice and poke the skewer through the heart lengthwise. Add one piece of mini Bocconcini cheese in the middle and then skewer on another heart. Do this step for each one.
- You can now take the provolone cheese slices and stack three round slices on top of each other. Take mini heart shaped cookie cutters and cut out little heart shapes. Any cheese scraps can go back in the fridge for recipes or as a snack. Cut out as many hearts as you desire.
- Arrange the skewers in a small plate and place the cheese hearts all around. Add some basil for presentation, you can use some parsley as well.
- Now for the glaze, you can simply use store-bought but if you don’t have any on hand you can make your own. Just add balsamic vinegar to a small pan or a small pot on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low as soon as it starts to boil and let it simmer until it has fully thickened and reduced. Mine took about 8 minutes. Take it off the heat.
- Add a touch of salt and olive oil to your antipasti heart sticks and drizzle on that beautiful glaze. Enjoy.