The cutest appetizer this Easter 🐣 These are so incredibly easy to make and will make any guest smile from ear to ear. They are so fun to make and I’m sure you already have most of these ingredients on hand. Easter 🐣 is approaching and these would be the cutest appetizer this year. You will need:
Easy Spicy Mayo Devilled Egg Chicks
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise — any you like
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- pinch of salt pepper, paprika
- sriracha or any hot sauce to taste
- 5 thin carrot circles — quartered
- candy eyes or peppercorns for the eyes — anything round and black will work
- piping bag + 1m star tip — or ziplock bag will work
- Boil the eggs until hard boiled, mine took about 10 minutes from the boiling point.
- Submerge them into ice cold water or even an ice bath so that they can peel easily.
- Cut them in half once they cool, and gently scoop out the yolks. Add the yolks to a fine mesh strainer and press them through, this is totally optional but it will make everything nice and smooth.
- Mix in the mail, Dijon mustard, seasonings, and Sriracha. Stir it really well and add the mixture to a piping bag with a 1m star tip or ziplock bag.
- Pipe the mixture into each egg halve. Peel a carrot and cut 4-5 thin circles. Quarter them and place each quarter into each egg halve to act as the “ beak ”.
- Now place two candy eyes and arrange them nicely onto a plate. I added baby arugula to the bottom of my plate for presentation but feel free to use any greens. Enjoy