These easy Nutella croissants will be your new favourite treat. I have teamed up with my friend Nicole Keshishian Modic | KALEJUNKIE to share this amazing dessert. Nicole is food blogger, recipe developer, cookbook author and former lawyer. Nicole is so supportive of other creators so be sure to give her a follow. The flaky puff pastry combined with the Nutella, is everything we need this holiday season. Making Nutella filled puff pastry croissants would also make for a wonderful family activity as the ingredients are only a few. You are also more than welcome to fill them with jam, brie, or anything you personally desire. The most important part of this recipe is that you enjoy the process and have fun!
Easy Nutella Croissants
- 1 roll puff pastry dough mine was 10 by 10 inches
- light dusting of flour on the bottom and top
- Nutella for each croissant measure with your heart
- egg wash 1 egg+ tablespoon of water
- icing sugar for presentation
- Thaw the puff pastry roll as per the package instructions. I like to thaw mine in the fridge overnight.
- Once thawed, preheat the oven to 400F. Dust the counter or your work surface with some flour. Unroll the puff pastry directly onto the floured surface and peel the paper as well. Dust the top of the puff pastry with a touch of flour.
- Take a knife or a pizza cutter and cut the puff pastry into a cross. You should have four equal squares. Now, cut each square diagonally from one point to another so that you are left with two triangles.
- Once you cut each square, you should have 8 triangles which will yield 8 croissants.
- Take each puff pastry triangle and place it onto a plate. Position it so that it looks like a right or left triangle, as it's the easiest way to roll into a croissant. Please look at my video below or on my social media channels if you are unsure.
- Add a heaping teaspoon or so of Nutella and begin to roll it up starting from the flat end rolling all the way up towards the triangle point.
- Proceed to do this until you have 8 croissants. Place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush each one with egg wash. The egg wash is optional, but it will give the croissants a beautiful golden colour.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Be sure to keep an eye on them as timing will depend on the oven. Dust with icing sugar and enjoy!