There’s not much to say about this easy hot honey other than the fact that you need this in your life and you need to put it on everything. It is the most incredible combination of flavours on toast, on pizza, on chicken wings, and everything else in between. It’s amazing for marinades, for tofu, and absolutely delicious no matter what you put it on. You don’t need to go out and buy hot honey when you can make it at home in less than five minutes. It will last you in your pantry for months. For this recipe you will need:
Easy Hot Honey
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes — or to taste
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce is optional — I used Franks Red Hot
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar to cut through the sweetness
- In a small pan or a small pot on medium low heat add the first three ingredients and give everything a stir. We do not want this mixture to boil by any means we want a very low gentle simmer on it.
- We just want to infuse and release the heat from the chilli so please do not boil this or take your eyes off of it. Let it gently simmer for 3 to 4 minutes and take it off the heat.
- Stir in the Apple cider vinegar and let it cool. Store it in a mason jar or any jar you have on hand and leave it in your pantry. This never last long in my house because we go through it fairly quickly but it should last you for months. Enjoy.