Easy Healthy & Creamy Bulgarian Salad…This is home to me and this is everything I need in a refreshing salad all summer long. My mom has been making salads like these for as long as I can remember. What makes this salad so appetizing and appealing is really taking the time to slice it as thinly as possible. Slicing it thinly ensures the dressing gets coated into every little piece and it’s that much more delicious. If you are a lover of yogurt or dips like Tzatziki then you will absolutely love this easy and refreshing salad. If you are not a lover of yogurt you can absolutely use white balsamic vinegar to taste which is what we often do as well. When we add white balsamic vinegar to the salad my mom also loves to boil a few eggs, quarter them and add them in too but it’s definitely up to personal preference and taste. This salad is the perfect idea for lunch and dinner.
Easy Creamy Bulgarian Green Salad
- 7-8 romaine leaves or any lettuce you enjoy
- 2 finely chopped green onions or chives
- 4 radishes thinly sliced leave it out if you don't like radishes
- 3 Persian cucumbers or 1 cup of diced cucumber of choice
- 2 heaping tablespoons plain yogurt to taste, any you like
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Wash and pat dry the romaine lettuce. Stack each leaf on top of each other in the same direction. Roll them tightly— just like a cigar and begin to thinly slice your lettuce. The thinner the better but you can cut it any way you enjoy as well. Once you are done cutting the lettuce, add it to a bowl.
- Wash and thinly slice the radishes or leave them out if you don’t like radishes in the salad. Cut a little bit off of each and place it flat down. With a sharp knife cut it into thin circles. You are more than welcome to cut the radish whichever way you prefer as well. Add it to the bowl.
- Now you can wash the green onions ( scallions ) or use chives instead. Dice it finely and add it in.
- Cut the cucumber in half, place each half flat side down and make 3-4 lengthwise cuts. Now you can dice it into small pieces and add it to the bowl.
- Add everything to a bowl and mix it with salt, yogurt and olive oil. Enjoy.