Easiest most delicious and decadent chocolate cake. There’s not a day that I don’t think of the iconic movie Matilda when I see chocolate cake. It is my all-time favourite movie and every time I see a decadent chocolate cake I see the scene with Bruce and Miss Trunchbull replay in my head. Since 85% of you told me I look like Matilda as a little girl we are making a delicious chocolate cake.
Easy Decadent Chocolate Cake
For the Cake
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar or as much as you like
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup avocado oil or any oil 170ml
- ⅔ cup plain yogurt 170ml
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour 200 grams
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
Ganache on top
- 1.5-2 cups Chocolate chips (any) Any
- ⅓ cup half/half cream (or none at all)
- You can leave out the cream but it won’t be as thick as a ganache because the cream acts as a thickener. It will still be delicious without it. Use any chocolate chips you love (I love vegan/dark).
- In a bowl add the eggs, sugar, and pure vanilla extract. Mix with a mixer for about 4 minutes or until thick and light (should look like a thick cream).
- Add the oil and plain yogurt (or sour cream) and give it a quick mix. Add the cacao and mix. Then the flour and baking powder and mix.
- Pour out onto a very well buttered and lightly floured bundt pan (or any pan lined with parchment paper) and bake in a pre-heated 350F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once the cake it done let it cool and invert it onto a plate gently.
- Over a double boiler (or microwave) melt your chocolate chips. You can leave it as is or to make it thick you can stir in half and half or heavy cream which will make it just like a ganache. Totally up to you.
- Pour it over your cake, and with a spatula spread it out. Enjoy.