Easy Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings: This recipe will have you licking your fingers and coming back for more. These wings are incredibly delicious made with roasted garlic and the finest of all cheeses — parmigiano reggiano. Absolutely perfect for game day or any day of the week if you ask me. You can make them in the oven if you don’t have an air-fryer and I will post the method in my notes below.
If you are in the market for a new air fryer click here for mine:
Easy Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 2.5 lbs chicken wings — 20 wings and drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- big pinch of salt and pepper — to taste
- 1 small whole head of garlic + a touch of oil + salt and pepper
- ½ stick of butter — 4 tablespoons
- 1 cup of finely grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
- parsley for garnish
- Take a whole head of garlic and cut off the top so that the garlic is exposed. Add a touch of oil + salt and pepper. Wrap it in foil and roast it in the oven @400F for 35-40 minutes or until caramelized and soft.
- Let it cool, squeeze it out of its shell into a bowl and give it a mash or a stir. Set it aside. Now add the chicken wings to a big bowl and season with salt pepper and add the avocado oil or any high-smoke point oil.
- With clean hands massage it really well and add the chicken wings to the air-fryer basket making sure you don’t overlap them.
- You can absolutely do this in the oven too just look at my notes below.
- Air-fry at 380F for 25 minutes tossing them halfway through. If your air-fryer has pre-heating instructions please pre-heat it for 5 minutes prior. In a small sauce pan or a pan add the butter on low heat and let it melt.
- Stir in the grated parm and roasted garlic.
- Add the sour cream and and stir. Once everything is creamy and smooth take it off the heat. Top of the wings with your creamy roasted garlic parmesan sauce, parsley for garnish and enjoy.