These easy cinnamon buns will satisfy every craving you have. This recipe is super quick and lazy, it’s meant for anyone that doesn’t feel like spending too much time in the kitchen but wants to enjoy the same great taste of a cinnamon roll. These sticky cinnamon buns are not only sticky and delicious, but they are also the shape of a Christmas tree which is perfect for the Holiday season.
I use my favourite King’s Hawaiian sweet rolls that are the perfect soft and fluffy bun. The cream cheese icing paired with the buttery melted brown sugar buns are everything you want in a treat, and more.
Easy Cinnamon Buns
- 1 stick of softened unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- one pack of King’s Hawaiian original sweet rolls 12 sweet rolls
The Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 small container of cream cheese total of one cup
- ½ cup icing sugar also known as powdered sugar
- teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- festive gold sprinkles, mini white edible pearls, edible rose petals anything festive will work
- Cream the softened room temperature butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together. You can also slightly melt the butter if you need to. Mix it with a spatula until smooth and creamy.
- Take one pack of Hawaiian sweet rolls and separate the rolls. If you feel like being festive, you can arrange them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and form a christmas tree. I add 4 buns, then 3, 2, 1 and two on the bottom as the base.
- Brush on the creamy butter mixture or spread it on top with a spatula. You can spread it on top, the sides, and all over.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Bake the rolls uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until the butter and sugar mixture is melted. Let it cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla together. Once the icing is mixed and the buns have cooled, you can spread it on top of each one. I like to make a swirl with my spatula but you don’t have to.
- Add gold sprinkles and anything else you like for presentation and enjoy.