To be honest my blueberries were going bad and I thought I would just try to incorporate them into a very simple coffee cake batter, I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. It was so delicious and absolutely perfect and I didn’t have to waste any of my blueberries that were going soft on me. You can absolutely use any berry of choice and this would be just as delicious with cherries as well. I have not tried this recipe with any other type of flour but if you do let me know in the comments below. These are the types of cakes that my grandma used to make and they were always the best because they only required a few ingredients in a bowl. Every time I tell someone to fold something in I get a million comments that it’s a Schitt’s Creek reference and you all laughing about it in the comments. For this cake you will need:
Easy Blueberry coffee cake
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup avocado oil — or any
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp’s baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups blueberries — or any berry
- Add the eggs, sugar, and pure vanilla extract to a bowl.
- Whisk or use your handheld mixer and mix it until it’s nice and light and pale.
- Add the oil and mix it together. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and use a spatula to mix it together. Last but not least, add the blueberries and gently fold them in.
- Pour it out into a pan that is sprayed and then lined with parchment paper and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 25 to 35 minutes depending on your oven.
- Let it cool and enjoy. I added a little bit of blueberry jam on top for the presentation but you don’t have to.