The creamiest shrimp dish ever. The sauce is everything you want, but more. It is easy, dairy-free, and something that you can enjoy on December 24th for all my seafood lovers. I will give you all the substitutions below in my comments and if you don’t like seafood or you simply want to make this vegan. For this recipe you will need:
Easiest Creamy Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ a finely diced yellow onion
- chilli flakes optional
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup white wine or stock — veggie or fish works
- 1 can of coconut milk — 400 ml
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 25-30 deveined shrimp — peeled or unpeeled is up to you
- parsley for garnish
- In a pan on medium-high heat sauté the onions in a little bit of olive oil for about a minute. Add some chilli flakes, minced garlic, and give it a stir.
- Add the tomato paste and stir again and to deglaze the pan you can use some white wine or any stock you like.
- Cook off the white wine fully for about 1-2 minutes and add in the coconut milk. Stir and season with a touch of salt and pepper.
- Let it simmer on medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes and add in the shrimp, fish, or chickpeas if you are plant based. Let the shrimp cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Once the shrimp is pink and curled up take it off the heat immediately. Garnish with parsley and serve on its own that you can dip with bread, on top of rice, or even with pasta. Enjoy and please share this recipe with your loved ones.