I am absolutely obsessed with these fun activities that adults and kids can make for Halloween. Please share this idea with all your loved ones and tag me if you make it. These are definitely a healthier option than my last Halloween treat so it’s a perfect balance. For this recipe will need:
- 3 kiwi’s — not too ripe should be firmer
- candy eyes — got mine at the Bulk Barn
- any melted chocolate — I melted chocolate chips over a double boiler
- pretzel sticks — I snapped mine in half
- Wash the kiwi really well and pat it dry. Cut it directly in half and place it down.
- Cut a little bit off of one of the ends and discard it. You can now take any scarp knife — I use a pairing knife and I make a slit 1/4 of the way down from the top but I don’t cut all the way through. You just make a cut until it touches the flesh but do not cut through it. Take a small peeler and gently peel the skin upwards starting from the bottom.
- You can now pat it down and dab with a paper towel. I like to use a very thin skewer but you can also use a toothpick as well. I dip my thin skewer into the melted chocolate and make two dots for the eyes.
- I add two eye candy’s on top of the chocolate and gently press. With that same skewer I dip again in the chocolate and draw a mouth.
- You are more than welcome to add some extra “scuffs ” on the side of the face as well. I take my pretzel and snap it in half and I insert each half into the sides of the kiwi where the ears would go. Enjoy and don’t forget to follow for more