My delicious Custard Oatmeal that have been on my page for years. I have never seen custard oats done before so I hope you absolutely love them. So incredibly easy and if you are not a lover of oatmeal I am about to change your mind. These taste like the most delicious custard pudding and are absolutely phenomenal. You can use any toppings you love and play around with the recipe. Sometimes I add egg whites only and other times I add a whole egg for more creaminess. This recipe makes one portion. You will need:
- ½ cup rolled oats — I used quick cooking
- ½ cup water + 1/3 cup cold water
- pinch of salt
- 1 whole egg or 1/4 cup egg-whites
- In a pot on the stove on medium-high heat add the water and the rolled oats — equal parts of each.
- Stir the whole time until it’s nice and thick and creamy and the water has evaporated.
- Reduce the heat all the way to low and add 1/3 cup very cold water so that we can bring down the temperature and avoid scrambling the egg.
- Add one whisked egg and whisk vigorously until a thick custard-like consistency. Pour into a bowl and top it off with any fruits, seeds, or toppings you love. Enjoy