These are the best sushi cucumber boats I have made. The delicious spicy mayo on top is so tasty and since you all love my cucumber roll versions so much I wanted to share something even simpler, but this time with rice. Feel free to use any rice you love, and if you don’t love rice you can absolutely use mashed avocado or any spread like hummus on the bottom instead. I boiled my jasmine rice in my rice cooker as per the package instructions. Feel free to use any seasonings you love for shrimp (cajun is always nice too) You will need:
Cucumber Sushi Boats
- 9-12 peeled deveined shrimp or as many as you like
- seasoning for shrimp any you like
- avocado oil to sear them in or any
- cooked jasmine rice 1/3 cup uncooked or any
- english cucumber
- spicy mayo mayo + hot sauce
- parsley for garnish
- Sear your shrimp for 1-2 minutes and take it off the stove. Take off any tails and set aside.
- Cut your cucumber in half and scoop out the middle (you can use the middle of your cucumber to make a dip or add in a smoothie) pat it dry and add your cooked rice. Tip: wet your hand to help the rice from sticking to your hands.
- Add your shrimp on top and mix any healthier mayo of choice with sriracha (or any hot sauce) and top off your shrimp with your delicious spicy mayo. Enjoy, and don’t forget, to follow me for more.