These Crispy Parmesan Crusted Smashed Potatoes will be your new favorite side dish. This recipe was inspired by the viral crispy garlic parmesan potatoes. I decided to show you my take on it by making them smashed, which I know you’ll love.
I personally think that when you smash them, the potatoes absorb so much more of that buttery parm mixture which makes them even better. These potatoes are crispy on the outside, and creamy on the inside. I paired them with a simple yogurt and dill dipping sauce but you can absolutely use any you like.
Crispy Parmesan Crusted Smashed Potatoes
- 16 baby yellow potatoes use more if you want to
- ½ stick of melted unsalted butter (56 grams) which is also equal to 4 tablespoons
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or oregano
- salt to taste
- ½ cup good quality grated parmesan cheese measure with your heart
Yogurt Dipping Sauce:
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- salt to taste
- dry or fresh dill to taste
- Add the baby potatoes to a big pot of water. Let it come to a boil and boil until fully cooked and tender. Mine took 15-20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are boiled, get a sheet pan and line it with parchment paper. Mix the melted butter, parm and seasoning onto the baking sheet.
- Add the boiled mini potatoes to the sheet pan, and coat them with the butter and parm mixture. Take a glass and gently press each one. Be very gentle and careful as they can break.
- If the potato gets stuck onto the bottom of the glass, take a knife and gently help it out. I like to take some of the butter and parm mixture on the bottom of the pan and brush the top as well.
- Bake at 400F until crispy. Mine took 30 minutes but keep an eye on them as it will depend on the oven.
- Let them cool. Letting them cook is crucial as they will fall apart and be soft if you don’t. In a separate bowl mix the ingredients for the yogurt dipping sauce & Enjoy!
If you make a recipe and love it, I kindly ask you to leave me a review. It would mean the world to me if you did