Crispy Lemon Potatoes on the Barbecue. These are hands down the only barbecue potato recipe you need in your life. Once you try my recipe, you won’t ever want to go back to any other potato dish. These are not only crispy, but they are also lemony and aromatic, and light. This dish is perfect for summer and is always on rotation in my household. I like to buy little foil trays at the dollar store that are reusable and I line them with parchment paper but you can use any high-heat dish or pan that can be put on the bbq as well. These are perfect when served with some fresh feta on top or even my homemade tzatziki recipe to dip into. They pair perfectly with my chicken souvlaki recipe or any of my bbq skewer recipes that I have been posting these last few weeks. I use fingerling potatoes but feel free to use baby potatoes or any other potatoes you enjoy.
Crispy Lemony Barbecue Potatoes.
- 1 lb of fingerling potatoes — about 8 fingerling potatoes cut in half or any you like
- salt to taste
- lemon pepper to taste — or use pepper + some lemon zest
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- drizzle of olive oil
- few sprigs of fresh herbs like lemon thyme and rosemary or any you like — use regular thyme if you don’t have lemon thyme
- Wash and cut the potatoes in half. Place them in a tray. I used a reusable foil tray which I lined with parchment paper. Season with your heart and add the lemon juice, olive oil + fresh herbs. Massage them with your hands really well and place them all flat side down.
- Heat up the barbecue and cook them on there until you can insert a knife and it goes through easily. They should be nice and golden on the bottom. I cooked mine on medium-high heat and I opened and closed the lid every few minutes until they were fully cooked. Mine took 20-25 minutes but it will depend on the size and thickness of your potato.
- If you find that the bottoms are getting way too golden or crispy and the potatoes aren’t cooked yet, you can definitely flip them over but I didn’t have to.
- Serve with feta or any way you like and enjoy.