My incredibly easy and hearty spinach tortellini soup. This soup is a one pot wonder and it only takes 20 minutes to prepare. Feel free to use any unsalted good quality broth of choice if you’re unable to make homemade broth. For this recipe you will need:
Creamy Spinach Tortellini Soup
- 1/2 large finely diced onion
- 2-3 finely diced garlic cloves
- 1 finely diced small carrot
- 1 small finely diced celery stalk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- separately boiled tortellini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2-3 tablespoons half and half cream
- 1-1.5 cups chopped spinach
- 6 cups of organic unsalted broth or lightly salted
- In a soup pot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the onions, carrots, and celery for two minutes on medium-high heat.
- Once everything has softened you can add the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds. When the garlic has cooked off, add another 2 tablespoons of olive oil +2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and stir together.
- Add in 6 cups of good quality veggie or chicken broth, salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Boil the tortellini separately in a pot of boiling salted water, and once they float to the top you can add them in along with the spinach and half-and-half cream.
- Feel free to add a touch of Italian seasonings but that is optional. Let it cool a bit, taste and adjust for salt. Feel free to hit it with some fresh parm and enjoy.