You will never have leftover dry and boring chicken again. These are the creamiest pickle juice chicken salad lettuce cups. This low-carb lunch or dinner is a dream. Not only is this recipe unbelievably easy but so delicious as well. I can eat these chicken salad cups every single day. I have elevated this Creamy Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups recipe and the magic is in the sauce. Not only is it tangy and salty from the pickles and pickle juice, but it’s creamy and a touch sweet from the honey dijon mustard. Absolutely the perfect balance in flavour and I know you will fall in love with this recipe. You can use any leftover dry chicken breast and bring it to life with this method. You can use chicken breast from a store-bough rotisserie chicken or even one you made at home. I had leftover chicken breast from my whole baked chicken recipe so check that recipe out on the blog if you are interested. Feel free to use turkey breast in this recipe or even tuna as well.
Creamy Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
- 1 cooked chicken breast Diced into small cubes
- ⅓ cup of mayo I use the soy-free “Vegenaise”as it’s good quality and clean in ingredients
- 1 tablespoon honey dijon mustard Any mustard works
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 2 finely diced pickles 1/4 cup
- 1 finely diced celery stalk
- 2 lettuce cups I used Iceberg lettuce
- salt and pepper is optional
- Cube any leftover chicken breast into small cubes. The smaller the better for me. I don’t like shredding leftover chicken as it leaves it more dry so I prefer if you cube it instead.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a bowl and combine everything together.
- Scoop onto some lettuce cups and enjoy. You can also enjoy it on pita, toast, sandwiches, on salad, mixed with pasta, or any way you like.