Hand down the best creamy and refreshing salad ever. This is definitely not a traditional “ green goddess “ salad dressing but just a play on words to describe how magical it really is. The internet has taken over by storm and green salads are all the talk right now so I decided to make a delicious version of it. Thank you to my dear friend Kat for the inspiration. Although this is a different version and recipe she inspired me to make this video for you all. You will need:
Creamiest Green Goddess Iceberg Salad
For the Salad:
- 2 small tortillas — optional
- avocado oil spray
- ½ iceberg lettuce finely chopped
- ½ english cucumber finely chopped
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- ½ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- ¼ jalapeño optional
- ½ of an avocado
- ½ cup parsley
- salt to taste
- splash of cold water if needed
- 1 tablespoon honey dijon mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 450F. Cut the tortilla into triangles and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spray with avocado oil spray and bake for 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden. Take it out and let it cool. Slice and dice half of a iceberg lettuce and do the same for the cucumber.
- Add the lettuce and cucumber to a bowl with any protein of choice — I added one diced chicken breast you can use chickpeas as well. For the dressing add everything to a blender and blend.
- Pour the dressing on top and enjoy as is or scoop with the tortilla chips.