Copycat Starbucks bell pepper egg-white bites without the “sous-vide”. Even though I absolutely love these at Starbucks they have way too many ingredients. I made life simple and replicated them with only 6 and made them healthier. The cottage cheese gives you that fluffy air bubble texture and we are using a hot water bath to achieve that “sous-vide” method without the equipment. You can absolutely add bacon bits, sautéed onions or anything else you like so feel free to adjust. There are a few very important steps so please read the notes and descriptions below.
Copycat Starbucks Bell Pepper Egg-White Bites
- ½ cup egg-whites
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese or any you like
- finely diced bell pepper
- finely chopped spinach
- boiling hot water — I boiled mine on the stove
- cooking spray — just in case
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a blender add the eggs, salt, cottage cheese, the mozzarella cheese and blend for 20-30 seconds. Add the silicone muffin tin on top of a baking sheet and spray down your muffin tin. Mine is silicone and mess-free but you can use any.
- Add the bell peppers and the spinach to the bottom of every muffin cup and add your egg mixture 1/2-3/4 of the way. I like to give it a gentle stir with a chopstick but it’s optional.
- Carefully place the baking dish with the muffin tin on top in the oven on a lower rack. Add boiling hot water up to the 1/2 way mark of the baking tray.
- Close the door and bake until set for at least 25 minutes without opening it. Mine took exactly 30 minutes but keep an eye on it. Let them rest for 5 minutes and enjoy.
- These can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and microwaved if needed. You can also let them cool and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge and heat in the microwave if you are freezing them. Enjoy.