The greatest salad in the world. Chickpea salad with toasted croutons. I experimented today because I was thinking of the iconic Italian Panzanella salad but thought I would add more protein for anyone that’s looking for a heartier lunch. Salads don’t have to be boring they are so versatile and can be enjoyed so many different ways. You can split this Chickpea Crouton Salad recipe into 4 portions into meal prep but be sure to add the tomatoes and croutons separately so it’s not soggy. You will need:
Chickpea Crouton Salad
- 1 can of organic chickpeas
- 1-2 slices of sprouted bread or any
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt and dry oregano to taste
- 1 cup finely diced tomatoes
- 1 cup finely diced cucumber
- juice of 1/2-1 lemon
- handful of finely diced parsley
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and cut any slice or two of bread into small cubes. Add it to a small baking dish with parchment paper and drizzle on a touch of olive oil, pinch of salt in a little bit of dry oregano.
- Bake until crispy which should take 12 to 15 minutes but keep an eye on it. Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas or you can even soak and boil your own if you wish to do so. You will need about 1 cup.
- Add it to a bowl with the tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, pinch of salt, drizzle of olive oil, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Mix everything together and toss in the croutons. Enjoy.