15 minute Chicken with Creamy Sundried Tomato Spinach Sauce is the meal of my dreams. Theres nothing more comforting than a delicious and easy meal like this one. It takes 15 minutes from start to finish and perfect served on a warm bed of fluffy rice. When I think of comfort food, I think of this dish. It is very similar to Tuscan chicken, with a few adjustments. You can play around with this recipe and the ingredients, so be sure to make it to taste. My recipe uses thinly sliced chicken, flavourful and sweet sun-dried tomatoes, fresh baby spinach, all swimming in a delicious and creamy sauce. I am always looking to elevate chicken breast recipes, and I know you will be coming back to this one over and over again. This recipe is not only simple, it’s also very versatile so please let me know if you make it and comment below.
Chicken with Creamy Sundried Tomato Spinach Sauce
- 4 chicken cutlets mine were thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil any oil works
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ of a finely diced onion
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes mine were sliced
- ¼ cup white wine or unsalted broth
- 1 cup cooking cream 15% – 35% fat content
- big handful of baby spinach about 2 cups or as much as you like
- cooked rice is optional to serve on top of
- Take the thinly sliced or thinly pounded chicken cutlets and season with salt and pepper on each side. If you want to add other seasonings, you are more than welcome to.
- Add olive oil to a pan on medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot and the oil is shimmering, place the chicken cutlets making sure they are spaced apart so the meat can brown.
- Sear the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side. The cutlets should be pretty much cooked. If the chicken cutlets are really thick, you would have to cook them for longer so I suggest buying them thin or cutting them into filets yourself.
- Remove the chicken out of the pan, add the finely chopped onion and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for a minute or so and deglaze the pan with wine or stock. Let the wine cook off completely for about a minute. Add the cream and baby spinach. Once the spinach wilts, add the chicken back in and let it simmer on low heat for 2-3 more minutes.
- Take it off the heat and enjoy as is with a fresh loaf of bread or on a warm bed of rice. I personally love jasmine rice but you can use any. You can also cook some pasta and stir it into the sauce as well.