Today I am showing you how to make a beautiful blistered cherry tomato and garlic pasta that is a staple in my home every summer. If you don’t like sun-dried tomatoes feel free to leave them out as this recipe works beautifully without them as well. You will need:
Cherry and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 small thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes — optional
- freshly chopped basil to taste — 3 leaves
- pinch of salt for the tomatoes
- chilli flakes — optional
- boiling salted water for the pasta
- pasta of choice
- 2-3 tablespoons pasta water for the sauce
- Add your pasta to boil and In the meantime start the sauce. Add the olive oil to a cold pan on the stove with the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. The reason we do this is so that it comes up to temperature together in the oil gets infused with the garlic.
- Turn the heat on medium-high and as soon as the oil gets hot add in the cherry tomatoes. You want them to sizzle. Add a pinch of salt and stir everything for 2-3 minutes.
- The moment the cherry tomatoes are nice and soft and the garlic isn’t burnt the sauce is ready and turn the heat off.
- Add your cooked pasta with a bit of the starchy pasta water and gently stir it together. Serve with fresh basil, parm and a touch of olive oil is optional. Enjoy