If Heaven tasted like anything, it would taste like this. If you know me, you know that I am the biggest lover of sweet and salty together and if you add creaminess and caramelization to the combination, we are living life. These Candy Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Cheese are the perfect appetizer for any event. They taste like caramel, ooze with cheese and have a delicious salty exterior. Feel free to leave out the bacon if you are not able to eat it. This recipe makes 12 baked caramelized dates but feel free to double it. You will need:
Candy Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Cheese
- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- 12 teaspoons of any creamy cheese — chopped nuts are optional
- 12 pieces of any thin bacon
- maple syrup or hot honey for the glaze
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°F. Take each date and cut a slit down the middle. Your knife shouldn’t allow you to go all the way through as the pit will be in the way. Open up the date and discard the pit.
- Fill each date with any creamy cheese you love and you are more than welcome to add chop nuts of choice as well. You can use brie cheese, boursin cheese, goat cheese or anything you desire. Take a piece of thin bacon and cut it into 3 pieces. This recipe works well with a bacon that’s thin not too thick so please try to chose a thinner one at the store.
- Wrap the piece of bacon around the date and take some hot honey or maple syrup and brush it on. Place the seam side down of the dates onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden on the bottom.
- Flip them and let the other side cook for 4-5 minutes or until caramelized. These are best served the same day but you are more than welcome to prep them the night before and just bake them the following day. Enjoy and don’t forget to share this recipe with your loved ones.