If you don’t like Brussels sprouts you have definitely been making them wrong. I have never been a lover of Brussels sprouts and have always avoided them all my life. I never liked the taste or smell so I didn’t bother to cook them any other way. Let me be the one to part those seas for you and show you the way because I have turned a new leaf. These are crispy, salty, garlicky and everything in between. I can eat these every single day and I beg you to try Brussels’ sprouts again. You will need:
Brussels sprouts with bacon
- 13-14 Brussels’ sprouts
- 3-4 pieces of bacon can be pancetta guanciale, turkey bacon etc.
- salt to taste
- 2 finely diced garlic cloves
- Wash the Brussels sprouts, cut off the little tips, cut them in half and wash them again. Bring a big pot of water on the stove to a boil and add a big pinch of salt.
- Once it comes to a boil you can add in the Brussels sprouts and boil for 4-5 minutes or until they are tender but still have a nice bite to them.
- In the meantime you can chop up your bacon into small pieces and begin to cook it in a big pan on medium-high heat.
- Once it has nice colour on it you can add the garlic and immediately add the cooked Brussels sprouts. Give them a nice sear for a few minutes and adjust for salt. Enjoy.