This is a summer dream. Let me know in the comments if you’ve ever seen these done before, I personally haven’t and I thought it was an amazing idea to combine the two together for anyone that couldn’t tolerate gluten or even wanted a lighter creamier version. Don’t get me wrong, I love my crostini and bruschetta but this is for anyone that wants a really fun and refreshing alternative.
Bruschetta Avocado Boats
- 1 medium tomato any
- 1 avocado ripe but not too soft
- salt to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-3 finely chopped basil leaves
- balsamic is optional
- Dice your tomato nice and small. You are more than welcome to take a little bit of the seeds out of the tomato if you want the bruschetta less watery.
- Mix in the rest of your ingredients and stir. Cut your avocado directly and a half and take out the pit. Scoop a little bit out of each side (you can snack on it or use it for something else).
- Fill each side with your tomatoes and optionally drizzle on a little bit of balsamic. You can take a small spoon and eat it as you scoop some avocado and some bruschetta.