“Inside out” sandwiches (the tomato that is supposed to be on the inside of a sandwich is now on the outside) and breaded to perfection. 10 + years ago someone that was very special in my life shared this recipe with me so he deserves all the credit in the world. I have been keeping it a secret for this long and it was time to finally put it out into the world. I have never seen these made and I am not even sure they are online so I am happy to be first (if I am). I put my own little twist on them (as always) and these are the best sandwiches in the world. Crispy on the outside and absolutely delicious on the inside. The breaded tomatoes can be eaten on their own with fresh mozzarella on top and some balsamic (drool) or as a sandwich like you see here.
Breaded Tomato Sandwiches
- 2-3 tomatoes not ripe into 1/4 inch circles
- salt and pepper in the egg mixture
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour or any
- 1-2 medium eggs
- Italian breadcrumbs or any
- spicy mayo mayo + sriracha
- any sandwich toppings you like
- avocado oil or any for frying
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/4 inch circles after you have washed them. Make sure you use a firm tomato and not a ripened one.
- Coat each tomato in your flour, then the whisked eggs that you seasoned with a little bit of salt and pepper, and lastly the bread crumbs of choice.
- Do this for each tomato slice. Add a little bit of oil to a pan and make sure you heat it up.
- Fry your breaded tomatoes on each side for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Enjoy them as an app as is or assemble into your favourite sandwich. Toppings are endless. Enjoy.