Oat cakes are my favourite breakfast treat and I have already shared close to 22 different versions of oats and will continue to come up with new flavours for you all. I highly recommend you give them a try because there’s nothing better than eating a healthier cake for breakfast that tastes like dessert. You will need:
Blueberry Lemon Oat Cake
- ½ cup rolled oats 47 grams
- zest of a lemon tablespoon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder 4 grams
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup egg-whites only
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract 4 grams
- ½ cup nut milk or any 125 ml I use almond
- handful blueberries up to you
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender minus the blueberries and blend.
- Pour it out into a ramekin or a muffin tin (any oven safe dish will work) and Top it off with blueberries.
- Bake in a pre-heated 375° oven for 30 minutes or until it has set.