I have been craving a Big Mac and haven’t been to McDonald’s in over 10 years — not because of any reason in particular but I tend to cook at home and not think about fast food as much. One of you guys mentioned that I should make a Big Mac salad and I thought it was a brilliant suggestion so this is my take on it. Recipe makes 2 portions and my version is definitely cleaner than most. You will need:
Big Mac Salad
- ¼ cup Vegenaise or any mayo
- ¼ cup sour cream — any you like
- ¼ cup plain yogurt — or leave it out
- tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha is optional or any hot sauce you like
- heaping tablespoon honey dijon
- 2 finely diced pickles
- 1-2 tablespoons pickle juice
- ½ diced iceberg lettuce
- 400 grams lean ground beef any meat works or plant-based meat
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil — or any
- ½ finely diced onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Slice and dice the iceberg lettuce and put it in a bowl.
- Finely dice the pickles or you can use relish. Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing and set it aside. In a pan on medium high heat add the oil and let it heat up.
- Add in the ground meat of choice, break it up and fry it until golden and there’s no more liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the onions and the garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cheese and turn the heat off.
- Once the cheese melts you can put it on top of the lettuce and add the Big Mac sauce. Enjoy.
I haven’t had an actual Big Mac in years because of the caloric content and trying to eat healthier. Made this salad one night for dinner….WELL let me tell you….an actual BIG MAC minus the bun and the calories but 100% flavour! My 82 year old mother and 3 sons really enjoyed it as well. My sons were impressed how much it actually tasted like a Big Mac. No acid reflux afterwards either.
Piera you are the sweetest. Thank you for this
I will definately try this! looks delish!
Soooo excited I hope you love it
This was hands down the best sauce!!!! My boyfriend and I tried this out and we have to say it was better then Big Mac sauce! 10/10 recipe!
YAYYY !!! Aw thanks for the review Andrea
This was SO amazing!
Aw thanks Patrick! So happy you loved it
My rating didn’t go through, and I need my 5 star rating to be reflected! Loved this, and this is definitely added to my repertoire.
Omg means so much
I have made this twice! So yummy! At first I was skeptical because I tried the sauce on its own before I mixed it together and it didn’t taste like a Big Mac but once I combined everything together it was totally Big Mac tasting! Love it and will keep making it 🙂