Mom’s best ricotta and zucchini cakes (or fritters) this has always been one of my favourite recipes that she makes. They are so light and fluffy and they taste like heaven. I will be sharing a version that is my take on them using the air fryer so please stay tuned for that. You will need:
Baked Zucchini Ricotta Cakes
- 1 ¼ cup ricotta – 250 grams
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pecorino romano or parmigiano reggiano 100 grams
- pinch of salt
- 2 grated medium zucchinis 200 grams
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs 100 grams or any
- ¼ cup fresh dill optional
- 1-2 whisked eggs
- additional breadcrumbs
- avocado oil or any for frying
- In a bowl, add your ricotta and egg and give it a mix. Continue to add the rest of your ingredients and mix well. I got tired of using the spatula or a fork so I use my clean hands to incorporate everything really well.
- Take a spoon and scoop your mixture so that you have even patties. Roll each one into a ball and flatten them. Once they are all shaped, we can lightly bread them.
- Dip each patty into your whisked eggs, and lightly coat it in some additional bread crumbs. Heat up your oil in a skillet very well and fry them for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- My heat was on medium-high. Your parties must sizzle when you add them in the pan so please don’t place them in cold oil.
- Enjoy, and don’t forget to follow me for more