These delicious breaded zucchini cakes are a dream. Incredibly easy to make, and one of my mom’s best recipes. They are super creamy from then ricotta, but crispy on the outside from the breadcrumbs. Perfectly paired with a green salad on the side, I promise you won’t be able to get enough.
- 1 ¼ cup ricotta 250 grams
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pecorino romano or parmigiano reggiano 100 grams
- pinch of salt
- 2 grated medium zucchinis 200 grams
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs 100 grams or any
- ¼ cup fresh dill optional
- 1-2 whisked eggs
- additional breadcrumbs
- avocado oil or any for frying
- In a bowl, add the ricotta and egg and give it a mix. Continue to add the rest of your ingredients and mix well. If you get tired of using a spatula or a fork, use clean hands to incorporate everything really well.
- Take a spoon and scoop your mixture so that you have even patties. Roll each one into a ball and flatten them. Once they are all shaped, we can lightly bread them. You should have 9 ricotta cakes.
- Set up the dredging station and dip each one into the whisked eggs, and lightly coat it in some additional bread crumbs. Heat up the oil in a skillet very well and fry each one for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- My heat was on medium-high. The patties must sizzle when you add them in the pan so please don’t place them in cold oil. Place them onto a plate with paper towel and enjoy.