Baked Hazelnut Brie. This is what fall and winter dreams are made of. The perfect Holiday treat and a must on the table. This is my favourite take on baked brie with hazelnuts and fig jam. Absolutely a perfect combination of flavours and everything I like in recipe. If you know me, you know I am a huge lover of sweet, salty, creamy, crunchy and this dish hits all the right spots. Be sure to serve it with fresh bread or crostini, and live your best life. nut you like.
Baked Hazelnut Brie
- brie of choice I used 3 small round pieces of brie
- ⅓ cup raw hazelnuts or any nuts you like
- 3 heaping tablespoons fig jam any jam you enjoy
- slices of fresh figs are optional
- thyme on top for garnish is optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F. Chop up any nuts of choice and add them to a bowl with your favourite fig jam and mix it together.
- Take the brie and score of the top with a knife so that all of those flavours can infuse. Add the mixture on top and optionally you can add a slice of fig.
- You are more than welcome to present it like this on charcuterie or take the extra step and bake it for 30 to 40 minutes in the oven until completely melted.
- Enjoy it with a fresh baguette or crostini and live your life. This is best served fresh out of the oven as the cheese will harden as it cools. Enjoy