My Bapche’s (grandma) stuffed baked apples with walnuts and honey. I couldn’t do a voiceover without getting emotional so I left this video ASMR style. Feb 14, 2023 marks one year since my grandma’s passing and there’s not a day I don’t think of her; not a day goes by that I don’t hear her voice in my head. Both of my grandmas had a massive impact on my life and left a forever imprint on my heart—they shaped me and who I am today. This recipe is in honor of those who left us too early and our loved ones that have paved the way to make us better! I see you, I FEEL you, and our angels are always with us! Today, I choose to honor her with her favorite recipe, a recipe that was passed down from my great-grandmother. These baked apples are exactly what my home smelled like every day growing up, so I hope you enjoy it! Obicham te Bapche. If this recipe resonates with you, please share and let me know below.
- 4 apples (honeycrisp or your favorite variety)
- 4 heaping tablespoons crushed walnuts
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ground cinnamon
- honey (optional)
- 4 teaspoons butter or coconut oil
- ice cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Wash and dry the apples. Cut off a little bit off the top of each apple.
- Using a small teaspoon or a melon baller, gently scoop out the core of each apple to make a hole for the filling. (You can snack on any edible apple scraps or use them in a smoothie.)
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and place each cored apple inside.
- In the center of each apple add a heaping tablespoon of crushed walnuts, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, a dash of cinnamon, tiny drizzle of honey, if using, and 1 teaspoon butter.
- Bake uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes OR covered for 35 to 40. We have made them both ways (covered and uncovered) and both work. The bake time will depend on your oven, so keep an eye on them. When the apples are soft, darkened, and partially collapsed, they are ready.
- Serve as is or enjoy with a scoop of ice cream.
Absolutely, completely and shocking to myself that I am totally at a loss for words. Insanely delicious, creative and 100% a must go to dessert for everybody. If you have any sort of a sweet tooth, this is everything you could possibly hope for. Texture is incredible, flavour is out of this world !
Just yummy yummy yummy
Keep it up with this awesomeness
Thanks again Nonna
You’re amazing in what you do and extremely gifted !!!!
Thanks Taz 🙂
Made this after dinner out for a little Valentine’s Day dessert. I made the healthy option and Wow! It was everything I was craving and hoping it would be. My husband loved it as much as I did and we can’t wait to warm up the 2 extras tomorrow! Might just have to have them for breakfast. I am so excited about this recipe as I don’t eat dairy or sugar and I certainly didn’t miss those here. Thank you, Sneji aka Nonna!
Aw Denise! This review means so much to me. So happy you both enjoyed the recipe so much. Kisses!
Absolutely delicious! I will be making this recipe again and again! Thank you for sharing it 🙂
Aw soooooo happy Kelly 🙂