I know you’ve had Alfredo on pasta, but have you tried it on wings? If you haven’t, I am about to change your life with these alfredo sauce chicken wings. This recipe is not only delicious, but incredibly easy! It takes 30 minutes from start to finish, and I suggest you make double as you won’t be able to get enough. You can use the sauce on pasta or even chicken breast as well so don’t be afraid to adjust. If you’re looking for a vegetarian alternative, this sauce is also wonderful when paired with steamed broccoli or cauliflower.
- 2.5 lbs wings 20 wings
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil any oil
- big pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 small whole head of garlic + a touch of oil + salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- chilli flakes are optional
- ⅓ cup half and half or heavy cream
- ½ cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Take a whole head of garlic and cut off the top so that the garlic is exposed. Add a touch of oil + salt and pepper.
- Wrap it in foil and roast it in the oven at 400F for 35-40 minutes or until caramelized and soft. Let it cool, squeeze it out of its shell into a bowl and give it a mash or a stir. Set it aside.
- Now add the chicken wings to a big bowl and season with salt pepper and add the oil. With clean hands massage it really well and add the chicken wings to the air-fryer basket making sure you don’t overlap them.
- You can absolutely do this in the oven too just look at my notes below. Air fry at 380F for 25 minutes tossing them halfway through. If your air-fryer has preheating instructions please preheat it for 5 minutes prior.
- In a small sauce pan or a pan add the butter on medium-low heat and stir in the roasted garlic. Pinch of chili flakes are optional. Add the heavy cream and let it come to a boil and add in the freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Once it has thickened, take it off the heat. Top of the wings with your creamy roasted Alfredo sauce, parsley for garnish and enjoy.