My Insane Air Fried Zucchini and Ricotta cakes/fritters. In the previous video I showed you my mom’s take on this delicious side and I had to lighten it up and put my spin on it. To be honest, I like this version a lot more than the breaded and fried one but it’s totally up to personal taste. You will need:
Air-Fryer Zucchini Ricotta Cakes
- 1 ¼ cup ricotta – 250 grams
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pecorino romano or parmigiano reggiano 100 grams
- pinch of salt
- 2 grated medium zucchinis 200 grams
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs 100 grams or any
- ¼ cup fresh dill optional
- In a bowl, add your ricotta and egg and give it a mix. Continue to add the rest of your ingredients and mix well. I got tired of using the spatula or a fork so I use my clean hands to incorporate everything really well.
- Take a spoon and scoop your mixture so that you have even patties. Roll each one into a ball and flatten them.
- Once they are all shaped, you can spray them on each side with some cooking spray an air fry them at 400°F for 10 minutes.