3 Ingredient pizza sauce baked chicken anyone? Truth is, I was sitting at home at 8am thinking of how to be more creative and I thought to myself “would pizza sauce be good baked on chicken?” So I went to the kitchen doubtfully and filmed this recipe. 1 hour later and what came out the oven was most delicious and juicy chicken recipe ever. If you love pizza and you love chicken, you will love this recipe.
3 Ingredient Pizza Sauce Baked Chicken
- 6 bone in skin on, chicken thighs
- drizzle of olive oil — 1 tablespoon
- salt to taste if the pizza sauce isn’t salty
- pizza sauce — I love Rao’s
- olives + a touch of olive juice is optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and add the chicken thighs to an 8 x 8” oven dish or any you have on hand.
- Add a touch of olive oil, pinch of salt if needed and a heaping tablespoon of the pizza sauce onto each one.
- Optionally add the olives with a little bit of the olive juice. I used Kalamata and green olives but you can use any you like.
- With clean hands give it and give everything a nice massage and bake uncovered for 45 minutes to an hour. Enjoy on salad, mashed potatoes, or vegetables.