If you haven’t made pesto eggs yet I don’t know what you are waiting for. They have been circling the Internet for about a month and I honestly think my version of them is absolutely outstanding. Every bite you take is heavenly. This is seriously what breakfast dreams are made of. I love using sprouted or Ezekiel bread but you can use any.
- 2 very heaping tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto – or any
- 2 medium or large eggs
- salt and dry oregano to taste
- any bread I use sprouted or Ezekiel
- ricotta is optional
- fresh parsley or basil any herbs
- Add your pesto to a cold pan on medium-high heat. Let your pesto heat up a touch and gently crack two eggs. Salt and dry oregano on top and let it cook for 1-2 minutes until the egg-white starts to form.
- Put a lid on and cook covered for the remainder of the time so that the yolk cooks as well (you can reduce the heat to medium-low) after you put the lid on.
- How cooked or runny you want the yolk will be up to you so you can keep opening the lid to check on it.
- Toast your favourite bread, add some fresh ricotta on top and your egg. Garnish with any fresh and finely chopped herbs and enjoy.