Not sure what to call these but if you love mozzarella, parmigiano, and ricotta in a bread-like consistency, you will love these. My mom was inspired by a video she stumbled upon on YouTube from “Tutti a Tavola“ as these are very similar to how we make ours back home. Traditionally in Bulgaria we use feta and baking soda but we had Ricotta leftover and wanted to show you our own take on them based on the cheeses we love. The original recipe shows yeast and smoked cheese in the description so we made these according to how we make ours and according to our taste buds.
Three Cheese Pita Bites
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 150 grams
- 1/4 cup cold water or as much as your flour needs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup cubed mozzarella
- 3/4 cup ricotta 200-250 grams
- Pre-heat oven to 350-370F (both temperatures work depending on your oven) Mine is slower so I put it on 370F.
- In your bowl whisk your eggs and stir after each ingredient that you add.
- Add your flour and stir as you gradually add in your cold water until you have the right consistency.
- Stir in your baking powder and cheeses of choice. Bake for 20-25 minutes. A sprinkle with dry oregano is optional. Enjoy.