Chicken Parmigiana (Pollo alla Parmigiana) that is absolutely incredible with no frying required. My mom bakes it so that it’s a very easy one pan meal that can be made in the same baking dish. We use our own homemade sauce that we jar ourselves (and make sauce) but you can get any marinara sauce you love. I personally love Rao’s if we are not making our own because it’s really clean in ingredients. You are also more than welcome to use any cheese you love or have on hand. Provolone is a nice option too. You will need:
- 3 chicken breasts ours were big so we cut them in half or use 5 smaller/thinner ones
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour or any
- 2 medium eggs
- 1-1.5 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- drizzle of olive oil on each one
- 1-1.5 cups marinara any
- mozzarella on each one
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
- Start by breading your chicken by dipping each side into some flour, then eggs (shaking off the excess) and then breadcrumbs on each side.
- Line them all up in a baking dish (ours was 9 by 13) and drizzle each one with a touch olive oil. Bake in a pre-heated 400F degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Take them out and remove your cutlets (you can even let it cool a bit because the dish will be very hot). Add marinara sauce to the bottom of the dish and arrange your cutlets back into the same dish.
- Add more sauce on top of each one and your cheeses of choice.
- Bake again uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden. Basil or parsley for garnish is totally optional. Enjoy.