This is a TREAT and deserves a repost. There is nothing healthy about this recipe but I want to share it with you because it something I shared with everyone six years ago when I used to be active on Facebook, and something really fun I grew up with.It’s crazy how the best old school recipes go viral and I believe this one went viral a few years back all over social media. Let’s get started you will need:
FRENCH TOAST ROLL-UPS
- 12 slices of soft bread
- 7 eggs
- avocado oil or any
- chocolate spread or any
- 1/4 cup sugar + teaspoon cinnamon
- Take a bowl and add 7 large eggs to it and mix it with a fork and set it aside.
- Take another bowl and add your castor sugar to it and cinnamon to taste and whisk it together and set it aside as well.
- Let’s work on our bread. You will need to take one slice of bread at a time and roll it out flat with a rolling pin.
- Once it’s flat you can cut out the crust with a knife and add the crust to a separate bowl. Roll out all 12 slices of white bread and cut out the crust of each one.
- Once they are rolled out flat, take each piece of bread and add in your filling of choice. Add about 1 teaspoon of chocolate spread or jam of choice and roll your bread.
- Roll each one and once you are done filling and rolling all 12 pieces of toast we can begin to fry them up.
- In a large non-stick pan on the stove, coat your pan in oil.
- Put enough oil to coat the pan fully. Turn your heat on medium-high until your oil is HOT. Your oil must be HOT.
- Once your oil is hot begin to take each roll-up, DIP it in the egg mixture, shake it off and place it in the oil.
- Fry each roll-up for 1-3 minutes on each side on medium heat or until golden brown.
- Once they are all fried you can dip the cut out crust pieces in egg and fry it up too. Dip each roll-up in cinnamon sugar and enjoy