Moms eggplant ricotta rolls. These are everything you want in a dish but more. My favourite recipe of all time as I am a huge lover of eggplant. Truth is, most people don’t really know what to use eggplant for as it’s one of the harder vegetables to cook with, but once you do it right you will be absolutely hooked. This recipe makes 15 rolls but feel free to double it. You will need:
EGGPLANT RICOTTA LASAGNA ROLLS
- 4 Italian eggplants palm size
- olive oil or any oil
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 1 large egg optional
- 1/2 cup parmigiano
- 1/3 cup fresh dill optional
- pinch of salt to taste
- marinara sauce 1.5 cups or as much as you like
- 1/3-1/2 cup mozzarella
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Peel your eggplants. Once peeled cut each one into 4 slices.
- The two end pieces we also cut from the back of each one so that they lay flat and are easy to roll.
- Don’t discard any peeled scraps as you can use them in your cooking for other recipes. Set them on a baking sheet and drizzle each side with olive oil plus a dash of salt. Bake until they are soft which will take you 15-20 min. ours took 20 minutes.
- Take them out and let them cool a touch. In a separate bowl add the ricotta, parm, egg, dash of salt and dill and mix.
- Take a small pan ( we used 8 by 8 ) and add marinara sauce to cover the bottom ( we used our own homemade sugo which is on my highlights but you can use any store bought like Rao’s) Take each eggplant with the wider side facing you and add about a teaspoon of ricotta to each one and roll them up.
- Add them all to your baking dish, top with more marinara and some mozzarella. Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until nice and melted. Enjoy, and follow me for more.