The most delicious chocolate banana bread (or cake) ever. In Canada we call it banana “bread “simply because it’s baked in a loaf pan but it’s definitely cake to me. I tried to lighten the ingredients up and use healthier alternatives but feel free to make any substitutions necessary. It is so moist and another one bowl wonder. You will need:
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or any
- 1/4 cup nut milk or any
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa/cacao
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- handful choc-chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- In a big bowl mash the bananas, and add in your wet ingredients + sugar. Stir and add in the cacao, flour, and baking soda.
- Pour it out onto a loaf pan lined with parchment paper to ensure your bread does not stick. Shake the loaf pan a little bit to distribute your batter and bake for 40 to 45 minutes depending on your oven.
- A toothpick should come out clean. You can let it cool and enjoy.
- We like to wrap it nicely after it’s cooled and leave it on the counter as it doesn’t last us long.