My 2 Ingredient Easter Bunny Cheese Bread is one of the cutest culinary ideas I have ever had. I wanted to make something fun and festive for Easter, and this bread surpassed all expectations. This bread recipe is as easy as it gets: all you need is 2 ingredients and about 30 minutes. The star of the show is Castello’s new creamy Havarti which is so incredibly delicious. Serve these as an appetizer, or as the centerpiece to an Easter feast.
2 Ingredient Easter Bunny Cheese Bread
- mini easter-themed cookie cutter
- neutral oil
- 200 grams Castello’s Creamy Havarti Cheese
- 2 packages Pillsbury Croissant (crescent) Rolls (8 ounces or 225 grams each)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- your favorite hard cheese, for presentation
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Add a touch of oil to your clean countertop so that the dough doesn’t stick.
- Unroll the dough from the Pillsbury packs and connect all the pieces together by gently pinching all the sides to form one large rectangle.
- Cut five lines lengthwise and six lines horizontally. You should have 30 small squares of dough. Place a small piece of creamy Havarti cheese into each square. Take each square and pinch it together so that the cheese is sealed and roll the stuffed dough into a ball.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the cheese-stuffed balls into the shape of a rabbit head. You will need 14 dough balls to make a circular face and 8 dough balls for each ear. Sprinkle some sesame seeds onto the ears for decoration, if desired.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Let cool.
- If you'd like, using an Easter-themed cookie cutter, cut some hard cheese into shapes. Once the bread is cool, transfer it to a serving platter. Decorate the plate with the cut-out cheese. Enjoy!