This is the easiest 10 minute lunch or dinner. I shared this 10 Minute Creamy Shrimp and Broccoli Pasta recipe on my Instagram stories last week and it was a huge hit for so many of you that made it. Not only does this recipe requires minimal ingredients and effort, it’s incredibly delicious and perfect for meal prep. It’s very versatile and I will let you know in my notes how to make it plant-based or even gluten-free as well. This recipe is perfect for clean out the fridge days as you can substitute veggies and use anything you have on hand. This dish is the perfect combination of protein and carbs and it’s everything I love in a simple home-cooked meal.
10 Minute Creamy Shrimp and Broccoli Pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 13 peeled and deveined large tiger shrimp tails on or off
- pinch of salt + pepper for the shrimp
- 1 cup of pastina I used baby shells. You can use any pasta or pastina of choice
- salted water to boil the pasta in
- 1.5 cups broccoli florets
- 1-2 tablespoons of the starchy pasta water
- 1-2 heaping tablespoons of cream cheese
- In a pan on medium- high heat add the butter, olive oil, and garlic.
- Once it starts to heat up, add in the shrimp. I seasoned the shrimp on each side with a little bit of salt and pepper but you can season it with anything you like.
- Cook it on each side for 1 to 2 minutes and take the pan off the heat completely. In a separate pot on the stove, boil the pasta in the salted water to al-dente.
- Add the raw broccoli florettes to the pasta water one minute before the pasta is cooked. With a slotted spoon, add the cooked broccoli and pasta to the shrimp with a tiny splash of the starchy water.
- Add a heaping tablespoon or two of cream cheese and give it a stir until creamy. If you need to heat it through for another minute or two to bind the sauce together you are more than welcome to do that. Serve it warm and enjoy.